Blood in the Brain 6 months after initial concussion

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.  Im a 28 y/o male with a history of 4 concussions.  6 months ago I received a concussion while playing rugby.  My head hit the ground pretty hard and i had the usual symptoms.. The next day i went in for a CT scan and they found blood on the back left side of my brain.. Im not sure if the blood was epidural or subdural.. Anyway, for 3 weeks i was feeling out of it but eventually got back to my normal life.. I was full of energy and maintaing a healthy diet and workout regime.. I was symptom free for 5 months and was more fit than ever.. Suddenly, 2 weeks ago, i started feeling out of it again.. I kept trying to exercise because it is such a habitual part of my life but the symptoms kept worsening.. I had a CT scan a few days ago which showed blood in the same area of my brain.. I do not recall any trauma recently.. The neurologist has me on meds for 2 weeks before another CT scan.. He doesnt seem to worried but i sure am... Even though the blood is in the same area it has not grown in size.. It is actually a bit smaller than 6 months ago.. The Dr. is curious if its a new bleed or old blood from the initial concussion..

I probably have been searching the web too much but im scared of what might be the problem.  A chronic subdural hematoma came to mind but wouldnt the blood mass change in size and how was i symptom free for 5 months?  Is it possible that the original blood was never fully absorbed and will need surgical intervention?  Im awfully confused and scared bc im getting married in 2 months..

My symptoms are improving but i still get dizzy and lethargy around crowds.. The day of the CT scan i was sleeping 16 hours a day but now my sleep schedule has returned to normal.. I dont get severe headaches but only diziness and lethargy..

Finally, im an English teacher in South Korea.. So there def is a language barrier.. Being away from my family is causing more anxiety..

Thank you for your time.

Benjamin
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
just riding that bump train...
Helpful - 0
bumpity bump bump
Helpful - 0
anyone have any thoughts on this?? would appreciate any response!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Brain Health Community

14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.