Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community

Tachycardia / Possible Brain Tumor?

Hello, I am a 28 year female. I'm 5' 7", 105 lbs. (I've lost about ten pounds over the last couple of months). During the months of September / October I was experiencing what I thought to be severe panic attacks and as a result, pain down the left side of my body. Upon arrival at the emergency room, with the advice of a health agent, I discovered that my heart rate was over 150 bpm. I have been seeing my family doctor, and more recently a cardiologist about my Tachycardia, which has continued to be daily, persistent with an escalating rate as time goes on (i.e. it is beating faster now then two-weeks ago).  The tachycardia is exacerbated by standing up and any form of exercise (e.g. walking from room to room in my house will elevate it immensely). In the last two-weeks, I have developed, among other things, intense pressure in my head. Headaches and severe ear pain in both ears which occurs at the same time and feels like I'm under water. Went to a clinic last week and the DR. mentioned that I have fluid in both of my ears. I never get headaches, so this has been a bit strange for me.

I have summarized my symptoms and the tests that have been ordered since I started to consult my DR. in early November.

What I am wondering about is whether or not a brain tumor or cancer could be causing the symptoms that I am having. What the likelihood of this is and what my next steps should be. Initially, my family doctor believed that my symptoms where being caused by generalized anxiety disorder, but I know that what I am experiencing is definitely not anxiety.

Any advice or response would be greatly appreciated.      

Symptoms

• Heart Racing (Tachycardia) – Fluctuating from 58 bpm (laying down) to 140+ bpm (standing / minimal walking from bed to bathroom). Currently taking 60mgs Apo–Propranolol daily. --Pain on left side from jaw down, neck, shoulder, left arm and sometimes chest.

• Ear Pressure + headaches (spacey & dizzy) – Clinic Dr. mentioned fluid in both ears. Possible infection. Some blood in nose / ears (very minimal). I also have had a swollen lymph node in the left side of my neck that has been there for as long as I can remember.  

• Weight loss – Frequent and urgent yellow diarrhea daily, w/in 30 minutes of eating, accompanied by nausea/ dizziness. 10 lbs. lost since November.  

• Sedentary – Increased inability to function normally: exhaustion just from walking around the house. Mostly bed ridden. Complete loss of energy.  Dizzy, ill, increased heart rate, spacey whith minimal exertion.

• Symptoms worse in the morning, except head/ear pressure, which continues into the evening at the same level of discomfort.

• Other symptoms exist, but the above are the most prevalent, consistent and/or bothersome.

Tests to date:

•  CBC, ESR, CRP, AST, ALT, ALK– Normal range
•  Thyroid function – normal
•  Chest x-ray – clear
•  Abdo Ultrasound  (Gallbladder, Liver, CBD, Pancreas, Spleen, Kidney, Aorta) – Normal
•  Echocardiogram – normal (two leaky valves, considered normal)
•  Stress Test – heart rate 100 bpm lying down, 140 bpm upon standing. 140–155 bpm
   during test. Cardiologists investigating “Inappropriate Sinus Rhythm”

Waiting for results:

Glucose + electrolytes
24HR Urine– Metanephrines, Cortisol, VMA  
24 holter monitor

Thank you.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am glad they are doing cortisol - but they should have done ACTH - look up Addison's disease. Weight lose and the heart issues go with that.

Do you crave salt?