Bleeding nipple led to MRI led to 3 masses found... :(

I have dense breasts (matches my head), and have had issues with my left one. I have history of lactation with pituitary tumor but no kids (my health in general bites).

Long story short, had to have an MRI and the report says I have on the left: 7mm irregular mass with non- circumscribed edges, washout (fast uptake).
The right side has an 8mm oval circumscribed mass, washout (fast uptake) associated with a 23 mm clumped, segmental non mass enhancement.

I have to wait until October for the biopsies... Ugh!  Thoughts?
I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time waiting for a biopsy,but as you well know, only a biopsy can tell for sure what is going on. One of the problems with MRIs is that they present a lot of false positives. Many benign lesions show up on a MRI looking quite similar to cancerous lesions therefore anything that looks suspicious, additional testing becomes necessary.
Until your lesion is checked under the microscope, there is no way to know if it is cancer. Having "washout kinetics" makes it suspicious, but you could still end up with benign results.
Hang in there and we hope that your biopsy procedure will go smoothly and results in benign findings.
All the best to you and good luck!
Thanks... I am a cl in Brain/pituitary and already dealt with 5 other tumors so hoping for benign.
Will let you know.. Thanks again for the kind words.
Right side came back as invasive grade 2. Waiting for left side results.
I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I know finding out that we have breast cancer is scary and overwhelming but don’t be discouraged. Breast cancer is a treatable disease since new technologies and many advanced treatments are available these days.
Your team of Doctors will plan treatments designed specifically for you and hopefully they will be successful in achieving complete recovery.
Hoping that the biopsy done on your left breast will result in benign findings.
Best wishes…
Please let us know if you need anything.  Zouzi , thank you for giving such wonderful support to rumpled and all your members on the community.

Your friends at MedHelp,

Cheryl
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am so sorry about your diagnoses.  I know how scary it is, and how alone you can feel.  Please know you are being thought of.  
Your doctors will come up with a great plan, and you will beat this!  
As I have been told more than once "Fight Like A Girl!".
Hugs!!!
Thank you Cheryl for your kind acknowledgment. It is very appreciated! :)
I really hope "rumpled" will be just fine once her treatments start.
The right side is er+ and pr+. HER results pending.
Left side is invasive cancer too... Grade 1 which is better since it sits next to my chest.

On to a lot of tests to see if it is elsewhere. Really bummed...
Hi and thank you for the update.
It’s rather unusual to have cancer in both breasts, but unfortunately it can occur and I am really sorry that this happened to you.
Even if you are one of the few women to experience cancer bilaterally, the scenario isn't as dire as it sounds. Many studies have shown that a woman's prognosis is not necessarily worse if she has breast cancer in both breasts, and that the outcomes in such cases are often excellent.
Although each breast may require a different treatment strategy, the overall treatment for breast cancer in both breasts is no different than for cancer that occurs in just one breast.
The good thing is that the tumor in your right breast is rather small and is ER/PR positive which will respond well to medication, such as Tamoxifen or other similar drugs to lower considerably the risk of recurrence. The tumor in your left breast is Grade 1 which is also a good thing.
It’s going to be a long journey but don’t be disheartened. Take one step at a time, follow your Doctor’s recommendation and I am sure you’ll be able to beat this disease like many of us did.
Wishing you all the best and successful outcome.
Thanks. Will keep you posted on the other tests... I have a known lung mass, but benign it is thought. Joy... More testing... More waiting.
The left side is different being er+,pr- and her-.  The right is er+. pr+, her-.  I still will get the meds just thought it was strange.
So I spent the day making a bunch of pre-op clearance appointments and the gene doc (which will be after).  I am opting for the double mastectomy.  I could have done the lumpectomy but with my history and the placement of the tumors, I would have been very lopsided so the double is a better choice and I may avoid radiation which can also be a better choice (I need it elsewhere and trying to avoid as much as I can).  They are sing if I can get a ct and bone scan before surgery as well.
ER (Estrogen) and PR (Progesterone) receptor status tests are done to show whether or not one or both of those hormones fuel your tumor. Estrogen positive, even if it’s weak, medication such as Tamoxifen (or other similar drugs) is usually recommended to lower the risk of recurrence in the same breast and helps prevent new cancer in the opposite breast.
Cancer that is hormone-sensitive is slightly slower growing and has a better chance of responding to hormone-suppression drugs, than cancer that is hormone receptor negative.
HER-2/neu negative cancer is also a good thing, because it is considered less aggressive than HER-2 positive.
I am sure that your Doctors will explain all this to you in details, when you’ll meet them.
Since you have decided on a double mastectomy, I will send you a link by PM.
Wishing you all the best and I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.
Take care..
COMMUNITY LEADER
i am sorry to hear about your diagnoses.  
I was diagnosed just a little short of a year ago, and I too opted for a double mastectomy.  Please let me know if I can lend any support, or any answer any questions.  
Thanks!

I imagine you are busy, and at least a bit overwhelmed, with all the tests, appointments, etc., in preparation for your surgery.

Here is a link to an old thread that has been helpful to many members and may provide a few useful tips for you as well:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/How-can-I--prepare-for-my-bilateral-mastectomy/show/1227057?personal_page_id=384050#post_5678838

Wishing you all the best,
bluebutterfly
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are more then welcome.  I know it seems so overwhelming, but you will get through this, I promise.  Again, please, feel free to ask anything about my journey.  
I finally got a surgical date. 12/16. If all goes well I will have a diep, but not sure as I have had so many abdominal surgeries. May be a tug (thigh).

Thanks for the tips!
Excellent decision! Please make sure (As suggested by Sue Young in the PM I sent you) that this is a specialized surgery and should be performed by experienced plastic surgeons who have done numerous Diep Reconstruction Surgeries.
I hope all goes well for you and I am sure everything will.
Best of luck to you!! :)

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Trans-flap-vs-implants/show/1308880?personal_page_id=384050#post_5995708

COMMUNITY LEADER
I am glad you have a surgery date.    I didn't have that option, but have seen great results from it.
  One day and step at a time. I know how it feels like a lifetime until surgery.  
If you need support, leading up to, and after surgery please know we are here for you.  
Waiting is the worst...
The surgeons (three of them) are skilled in minor surgery and have done many diep and tram surgeries so I feel I am in good hands. I am trying to prepare ahead of time, but still feeling stressed.
Yes I know...the waiting is very stressful, but try not to get discouraged! Please remember that "Positive thinking leads to positive outcomes"
The important thing here is that you have found Doctors who are very experienced with this type of surgery, and especially knowing that you are in good hands.
I am sure you'll be just fine and these difficult times will be over sooner than you think!
I wish you well… God Bless!  
Hello! Just an update. Doing my pre-op appointments. For sure I am getting the DIEP which is nice. There was a question because I had so many surgeries. My lung function has improved so that should not be an issue. I only have my blood tests to go but given that I have those all the time, I don't have an fear that those will have an issue. My ekg was fine (except for the lady ripping off the stickers and leaving me bruises, why won't they listen!!!).

I am even more nervous as the day gets closer about how to manage post op, and just hoping I won't need chemo. I know these are small, but every surgery so far things have turned out to be different (i.e. Larger) than imaging showed so just hope this history does not continue.

I have no idea as well how I am going to manage my one cat who is very attached to me... He is going to be a mess with a restriction of not being able to be with me during the day and will body slam the door. I am hoping I can keep him calm somehow!
Hi there,
Thank you for the update and I am glad to know that all the tests you have had so far, are fine and that you’ll have DIEP breast reconstruction. Excellent choice!
It’s understandable that you are feeling nervous right now…but as soon as things get rolling, all will go well and you’ll feel much better. I also hope you won’t need chemo…we know it’s not easy to go through this therapy, but if Oncologists recommended it, it's very important to follow their advice because it does save lives.
I hope you have read Sue Young’s info about post-op care that I sent you a few weeks ago (Link below) When you are well prepared and know what to expect, I am sure your recovery will be quicker than you think.
I’ll be thinking and praying for you on the 14th and hoping that all goes well for you.
Best wishes and GOOD LUCK!!  :)

Yes I read everything and have prepared, I hope, well ahead of time. Thanks!
I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.
2

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer: Stage 1 & 2 Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.