Stage III

I have a stage III Breast cancer. Grade II tumor, ER +, 4 positive lenf nodes.
I had a modified radical mastectomy. I had received 4 TAC chemothraphy. I had radiothraphy before the last 2 chemo (will start last 2 more TAC chemo next week). I will have a 5 year tamoxifen (40 years old).

I just want to know my prognosis better. What is my chances of recurrance?
Thanking in advance,

Suzy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I wish I could answer that but your Oncologit would be the best person to speak to this. We never know; it depends on so many factors. There is always the chance of recurrance,if only we did know the answer.    Kindest regards .....
Helpful - 0
My mom has breast CA stage 3A. We are considering of getting treatment in FUDA Cancer Hospital in China.
Helpful - 0
Hi there - I am almost a 4 year survivor - I got diagnosed when I was 45 so I have some idea of what you are going through. I also had a mastectomy, TAC chemo and then 35 radiation treatments, I did tamoxifen for the first 2 years and then had to have a total hysterectomy and I'm now on femara. Last time I went to the Dr. he told me that my chance to recurrence was most likely less than 25% - of course he doesn't have a crystal ball but he is a good Dr. At first I thought that was high - but think about the 75% than don't have any recurrence - we are more likely to be in that group. I worry about this too all the time - a friend found this thing that was written and it hangs on my wall to remind me - "If the fear of cancer keeps you from moving forward, enjoying life, being with loved ones, laughing, then the cancer won, even if it never comes back. But if you reclaim your life, then even if the cancer comes back, it didn't win, because You the Person survived" - I would love to give whomever wrote this credit but I don't know who - take care, write back if you want - Ellie
Helpful - 0
Thanks Ellie,
I am feeling better now... First you have all the bad thougts, but by the time passes and your wounds heal you start the feel better and time for bad thoughts seem like a waste of time...
Suzt
Helpful - 0
hey i have almost the sme as you, i am 40 and am 4 yr survivor, i love what the last person wrote that is a great attitude!!! and yes i am living!!! every day!!!!take care xo jay
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.