Breast Cancer Community

Chance of malignancy

Has mammogram for second look and magnification.  Result came back pleomorphic calcifications. BI RAD is a 4 upper inner quadrant of right breast .8cm cluster.    The pleomorphic aspect has me very nervous.  Had a biopsy in2013 for microcalcifications in lower breast that we're benign any info would be appreciated.  Thanks
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Thank you for your question and we apologize for the delay in response.  Have you scheduled a biopsy for this situation?  Please do as I am sure this is the suggestion for your next step.  However, please know that often, just as with the first time you had calcifications, that this turns out to be a benign situation even with a Birad of 4.  https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/breast-calcification-symptoms-causes-treatments#1.  Calcifications form for a number of reasons including aging, diet or past trauma to the area.  Do follow up and evaluate this but try not to worry before you have to.  We'll be thinking of you and please let us know how your biopsy goes.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.