Breast Cancer Community

How do I interpet these results

I went for my first mammogram and my doctor calls me that I have to go for a breast ultrasound.  I went for my ultrasound and the tech said I will show the pictures to the doctor who reviews them and come back.  So i'm waiting and she comes back with the doctor who says I need a biopsy and they scheduled it for the middle of May.  So now I have to wait.  Can you tell me what this means...

FINDINGS: There is a lobulated hypoechoic mass at 300 o'clock 7cm form the nipple corresponding to the mammographic finding.  This measures up to 2.1cm.

BI-RADS CODE 4
So first, I hate waiting, and it seems inhumane for them to tell you all this and then make you wait 2 weeks. I get it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4644748/

Lobulated means it looks like it has lobes, like the brain has two different lobes. Hypoechoic means it looks dark.

BI-RADS 4 means it is suspicious for cancer, but doesn't definitely look like cancer, and further testing needs to happen - https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/screening-tests-and-early-detection/mammograms/understanding-your-mammogram-report.html

So, nothing is definite. I'm sure it's scary, but really, it's still unknown. Let us know what happens, and if you have any other questions. Hang in there!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.