Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

How often does microcalifications in the breat represent cancer

How aoften does microcalifications found in your breast result in some form of breat cancer once the biopsies are done and reviewed?


This discussion is related to Microcalcifications.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I think of all the biopsys its 20% chance of having it, so thats 80% against....maybe more, especially if Birads is under4
Helpful - 0
25201 tn?1255580836
There are percentages representing how many of each BIRADS rated films resulting in biopsy is found to be malignant but as far as Microcalcifications, I'm not sure. Microcalcifications do occur normally in breast tissue but when they are grouped or observed in clusters they do cause concern. They only indicate the reaction of breast tissue to an abnormal condition within the breast but not always cancer.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.