Breast Cancer Community

I've recently had a lump removed, should I be worried?

My Internist 3 years ago said the lump was pea sized and nothing to worry about. I just had it removed, it was the size of a golf ball. The surgeon sent it off for studies because he said he had never seen anything like it before and that it was a tumor not a cyst as believed.
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Thanks for writing to the forum but we are sorry you have this to worry about.  The best thing is that you are working with a doctor and he is pursuing follow up on the lump that was removed.  This will provide needed answers.  

Here is an older post from a great MedHelp member to read https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Golf-ball-sized-Lump-in-breast/show/1826656.  ;

Is your doctor certain it is not a cyst and a tumor?  Hopefully the pathology report will provide relief. When do you expect to receive that?
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.