Hi Beensquished !
Did you get a written report from the radiologist? If yes, can you post what's there; if not you should get the copy (as well as copies of all the tests you'll be doing). I know that it is easier to say then to do, but try to think positive. You know my story - I went through mammo, spot compression, US and MRI. The diagnosis that I got from all these tests was "multifocal (means more than in one spot), bilateral (means in both breasts) cancer". I was falling apart just because of this diagnosis. Then I had 2 core needle biopsies, that came back benign - the doctors still beleived that it was cancer that they missed. My BIRADS score was 5 (which means >95% chance of cancer). So the doctors decided that I need wide excisional biopsy. And I couldn't beleive when yesterday the doctor called and said that it came back completely B9! So there is always hope! And 1 more thing I learned - YOU DON'T HAVE CANCER UNLESS BIOPSY PROVES THAT YOU DO!!!!
Really hope that mypost helped you somehow. Wish you best of luck and will be praying for your B9 results!
Hey girll Happy news when all was said and done hmmm?! So B9 all around for you ? Great!
Well I had mammo,compressions and US done ~so will be waiting I am assuming for MRI next
I am hanging in there the best I know how at this point~Thankfully you've come out on the other side girl congrats!
Yes I will make a point of getting copies of all reports yes I would be multi focal and bilateral(learning the terms now) I live out in no where desert and things move slowly here I can't see my Doc for 2 wks .I wanted to be a pro-active patient and thought I needed some info at this point.
I have more on my plate than my tired brain feels like sharing at this point~I have been surviving a tough life a long time now~I will keep my hopes up and let friends lift them on days they are sagging a bit
I'll post reports when I get my hands on them and keep all updated
lana ~yes your thread was a big help already and a good ending :) Deep sigh girl
Thanks will be back again(new mantra B9)
I agree you should get a copy of your report. With the additional information, the wonderful women here can provide you some information, advice and support.
That said, at the minimum, your doctor should speak with personally and tell what the findings are, what they could mean and what additional testing is recommended. I think it's terrible that you were just "left hanging" with no information from the radiologist. I am fortunate to be in an area with large medical centers and every time there were any findings out of the ordinary, the radiologist actually showed me my films and talked to me about them. Even if your doctor is very busy, he/she should be able to take a phone call from you or call you back and discuss what's going on. You may just have to be more pro-active and make some demands-but nicely! Waiting two weeks to hear anything is just not right. Please keep us updated and we'll do the best we can for you.
Please try to stay positive as the statistics are still in your favor for benign results. I'm sending you good wishes and a big hug ( ),
Hey nc! Thanks for jumping in :)
I am practicing becoming assertive with my Docs.I called mine this morn and either her Nurse or She will be calling me Thurs. once they have the Radiologist notes.So I won't be left just hanging...
When I see her ~I will get all my copies
My meds refills came just a bit ago and praises for my sleeping pill!!!! I didn't sleep last night.I have comfort food now,meds,new stuff for in the shower and dogs a big bag of biscuits.
Gonna pamper for the next 2 days and coddle the girls a good bit.Practice my B9 mantra and hang tough
Thanks Ladies for all the good thoughts and support :) When I know more you'll know more
Take care all
Well stopping in for an update~~
All my reports will be mailed to me. My Doctor and I spoke today and the Radiologist stated I needed biopsies done on both breasts.My Dr is sending me to see a woman she calls Wonder Woman for all my next phases~who is in Vegas.She is the ONE STOP SHOP for me.She is making contact with her tomorrow and I'll hear back to make the appt.She says I will have a stereotactic breast biopsy on both unless the "WW" decides I should have it surgically removed instead of a core sample.
That is all I know at this point~once I have the reports I can share more...
I am staying strong/after all what else can I do?I have a large prayer group going and mantra of B9 going and pampering myself
I'll be back when I know more
Thanks so much for the update and I'm hoping whatever type of biopsy you have that all goes well. I'm sure the prayer group and your positive attitude will be a help. We're all hoping for benign results for you, too!!
Sending you B9 wishes!