birad 3

I had a stereotactic biopsy 5 months ago and just had a follow up mammogram. I received a report that I should have a follow up biopsy in 6 months. The report said there was an area they beleive to be benign. At the bottom it said birad 3. I had microcalicifations that were benign In Feb. that is why I had the biopsy. That digital mammogram I had prior to biopsy was birad 4-5. What does the birad 3 probably mean this time?

This discussion is related to birad 3 mammogram.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I feel certain the follow-up recommendation was for a Mammogram and not a biopsy .... BIRADS 3 calls for a re-check in 6 months rather than the normal 1 year interval. Only a BIRADS 4 would call for an immediate biopsy but biopsies are done as a result of a questionable finding but not as a re-check.   Regards ....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.