Breastfeeding twins ...

I'm really set on breastfeeding. I recently found out that we are expecting twins & I'm wondering how possible it is to breastfeed twins successfully? I would like to pump & feed with bottles so that my husband & children can share in the experience of bonding & caring for the babies as well. Would it be harder for me to do it this way rather than directly from the breast? Any breastfeeding advice & tips would be greatly appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It should not be anymore difficult. Ur milk will replenish as it gets low. You can also eat foods & teas that help build up ur milk supply.
Helpful - 0
I am breastfeeding my 8th baby currently but I have never breastfed twins so I don't know about that or how it's done.  Nursing one is demanding enough.  LOL!  You might go to the breastfeeding community and ask there.  I am a CL there too but don't know if or how this might be different from nursing a singleton.  Good luck though!  How exciting!!!
Helpful - 0
My sister in law had twins and is still breastfeeding them at 19 months. It might not be easy but can be done! Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community