Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Breastfeeding twins ...

I'm really set on breastfeeding. I recently found out that we are expecting twins & I'm wondering how possible it is to breastfeed twins successfully? I would like to pump & feed with bottles so that my husband & children can share in the experience of bonding & caring for the babies as well. Would it be harder for me to do it this way rather than directly from the breast? Any breastfeeding advice & tips would be greatly appreciated.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
7001988 tn?1392134797
It should not be anymore difficult. Ur milk will replenish as it gets low. You can also eat foods & teas that help build up ur milk supply.
Helpful - 0
287246 tn?1318570063
I am breastfeeding my 8th baby currently but I have never breastfed twins so I don't know about that or how it's done.  Nursing one is demanding enough.  LOL!  You might go to the breastfeeding community and ask there.  I am a CL there too but don't know if or how this might be different from nursing a singleton.  Good luck though!  How exciting!!!
Helpful - 0
My sister in law had twins and is still breastfeeding them at 19 months. It might not be easy but can be done! Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.