Breatfeeding & Percocet, Flexeril, & Celebrex

I know that anything that a person takes while breastfeeding can pass through the milk to the nursing infant. Due to a severe back injury I am having to take Percocet, Flexeril, & Celebrex. The doctors say that it is ok for me to take these medications just to pay a little closer attention to my 3 week old baby. I am looking for someone that has taken one or more of there while breastfeeding and what their verdict or experience with it was. Or if you know someones story to share I would be forever grateful. Just in case someone needs to know my daughter that is being nursed is only 3 weeks old. Thanks and I look forward to hearing for you!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was told celebrex and flexeril was a no no by my ob and by the pediatrician. I was on it for several years and stopped it when I got pregnant and was told I could not resume taking it until after baby was weaned.  Im not sure about the other meds.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
Helpful - 0
My Obe and my pediatrician both told me celebrex is fine for breastfeeding.

The pediatrician also told me I could also try tumeric capsules to assist with reducing inflammation.   It turned my milk yellow, but is safe for the baby.

I have been having issues with reactive arthritis since the birth of my baby, though it does seem to be slowly settling down.

I hope your back can settle down a bit.
Helpful - 0
I'm taking Percocet . My dr said that, although it's true that whatever you take passes into your breast milk, so little of it is transferred that it has no effect on baby. :)
Helpful - 0
I'm on Percocet right now bc during delivery I tore really bad... My ob wrote it for me and says its ok
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community