Does breastfeeding

Suppose to make my stomach cramp everytime? I had my daughter 1day and a half ago.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I get that too cept it feels like my uterus is tightening up my son is 3 weeks. After I pump it feels like a workout out down there lol. Or after a good feeding too. My aunt told me that bf moves everything back into place.
Helpful - 0
ok thank you!
Helpful - 0
Breastfeeding causes uterine contractions.  When your uterus goes back down to it's normal size,  you'll stop feeling the pain.  For me,  that only took a few days.  I'm not sure how long it takes for most women.  Hopefully some of the other women on here will share so you can have a better idea of how long to expect to feel it.  Congrats on the baby and good for you for breastfeeding =)
Helpful - 0
Thank you! It isn't bad at all !! just the tightening. I don't want to feel anymore cramp's lol.
Helpful - 0
You can take Motrin if it becomes to much :)
Helpful - 0
They say the more kids u have the worse those cramps are after u have ur baby. It was true for me with my second they were horrible. I couldn't hardly stand it
Helpful - 0
Heya I had the crapms for about a week,  but you will prob have them untill your uterus has contracted back to its normal size!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community