Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
7482680 tn?1404839491

Does breastfeeding

Suppose to make my stomach cramp everytime? I had my daughter 1day and a half ago.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I get that too cept it feels like my uterus is tightening up my son is 3 weeks. After I pump it feels like a workout out down there lol. Or after a good feeding too. My aunt told me that bf moves everything back into place.
Helpful - 0
7482680 tn?1404839491
ok thank you!
Helpful - 0
Breastfeeding causes uterine contractions.  When your uterus goes back down to it's normal size,  you'll stop feeling the pain.  For me,  that only took a few days.  I'm not sure how long it takes for most women.  Hopefully some of the other women on here will share so you can have a better idea of how long to expect to feel it.  Congrats on the baby and good for you for breastfeeding =)
Helpful - 0
7482680 tn?1404839491
Thank you! It isn't bad at all !! just the tightening. I don't want to feel anymore cramp's lol.
Helpful - 0
You can take Motrin if it becomes to much :)
Helpful - 0
They say the more kids u have the worse those cramps are after u have ur baby. It was true for me with my second they were horrible. I couldn't hardly stand it
Helpful - 0
Heya I had the crapms for about a week,  but you will prob have them untill your uterus has contracted back to its normal size!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.