Exclusively Pumping?

So, I had my son on October 5th and for my entire pregnancy I fully expected and planned to breast feed. Well, the time after his birth comes to feed him and we find out that he can't latch on because I have flat nipples. For the rest of our stay in the hospital, I try to breastfeed him and end up having to use a nipple shield so he can eat.
Well, he still wasn't latching after two weeks, but I really wanted him to have breast milk. So, I started pumping and then giving it to him in a bottle. So far, it's working out well and his daddy is even able to feed him. I was wondering if anyone else has been put in this kind of situation and if anyone else exclusively pumps?
I know there are ladies out there that have exclusively pumped. I was fortunate enough to be able to nurse directly, but I did pump a ton.  It is possible!  Best of luck and congrats on the little one!

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community