Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1528695 tn?1360582320

Excuse me, but who's VJJ are you?

I know this is WAYY off topic, but i come to this forum for most of my support.... has anyone noticed their lady parts look totally different since giving birth?
12 Responses
640548 tn?1340553355
lol, hubby just had to do the "landscaping" for me, at 37 weeks I just can't, and I really don't care as much as him, but he told me the Dr. would never find the baby.  Thanks!  He made a comment about about how totally different everything looks.  I did notice after my 2 previous births that things looked different for a while, but they did eventually return to pre-birth state.  It seemed like it took forever though.
179530 tn?1368936603
I’ve noticed that when going to the bathroom things look and feel differently. This has been a concern of mine for a long time since there is too much pressure on my perineum. I end up putting one knee to my chest and lean forward when going. I definitely think there is an issue and I shouldn’t be experiencing pain while pushing. The OB probably should have known there was an issue when I refused to go to the bathroom for 2 weeks after birth.

Otherwise cosmetically, things look and feel the same, but as mikaleen said, it took some time. Kegels have been my best friend and favorite at the desk/computer exercise. Haha

The good news is that you're very in tune w/ your body and may notice changes the rest of us may not. That gives you a better chance for improvement.

I'm so happy to hear that you're most comfortable posting in this community.
127529 tn?1331840780
Love the title of this post!!
My first was a vaginal birth. Everything looked the same after a few months but when ever I had a period for a couple of years the whole area ached like it had done post partum. My last two were sections and my stomach is never ever going to be the same again. My mummy tummy is not a pretty sight :(
1528695 tn?1360582320
okay ladies, this may be tmi but im just going to put it out there.... dd was csection, so there was no "trauma" to my lady parts... the preganncy itself changed the look as everything was swollen.... but now 1 yr later like the weight gained seems to be THERE too! idk if after losing some of this weight it will bouce back to its previous size/shape. it just looked a little flabby in the mirror! :)
1528695 tn?1360582320
i love that your husband did the landscaping! I remember once i reached the point where i couldn't see beyond my belly i use to take my camera phone and take pictures of it so i could see how the landscaping was coming along. I used the pic as a guide to tell me where to blindly navigate too :)
1528695 tn?1360582320
yea they told me post csection i couldnt go home until i pooped.... i told them i'd pass gas and that's all they were going to get! i was soooo afraid to go! Peeing on the other hand took some encouragement but once i got the hang of it it was fine... now i tinkle a little here and there so i guess we both should mention that to our docs!
1528695 tn?1360582320
my csection scar is crooked. it's horrible. I guess when the ob made his insicion the line was straight but once baby was out and my belly settled that thing had a mind of its own.

dd's father suggested i use some scar cream to lighten it up a bit. Good thing is its in my hairline so if i let myself go it gets covered with hair..... however, its high enough up that when i do landscaping it shows and to me it just looks ugly!

My tummy itself looks like a deflated prego belly... its sad :( lol
640548 tn?1340553355
lol!  I'm the type of person who is so technologically repressed I'd forget to delete the photos and accidentally send them to everyone in my contacts!
179530 tn?1368936603
Hahahahaa That's so me Mikaleen!!!

Logi, I'm glad you brought this up. It's a good topic.
1330108 tn?1333677304
Logi mine looks all stretched out like the lips are bigger now. I had a vagina birth and I keep hearing it goes back but I'm 16 months post partum and it's still all stretched out down there :/. And my dd was a preemie so it isn't like she was that big (5lbs 9oz)
179530 tn?1368936603
I keep hearing that too, but I still have scars. I think that has built up tissue that sometimes makes going to the bathroom and having intercourse painful. Has anyone else had pain while going to the bathroom or during intercourse? I think there is something seriously wrong.
640548 tn?1340553355
Both of my babies were small, 5lb15oz and 6 lbs.  After my first birth I had no issues with pain, but after my second I did have pain during intercourse for quite a while.  I think it was about a year before we could be intimate without my eyes tearing.  Our youngest is 2 1/2 now and I have no pain at all anymore, just in time to birth our third.  I am hoping it's not the same this time around.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.