Mom's who have breast fed...

So this will be my 3rd child, and I was thinking that since it's my last and since I didn't breastfeed with my last 2 that I might wanna try. Does it hurt the first time? Is it awkward? When ur family visits in the hospital is it weird to breastfeed in front of them? And if I decide to stop breastfeeding can I pump? And if I don't pump and just completely stop, will my boobs hurt? Sorry for all the questions but if u know anything let me know please. I'm 35 almost 36 weeks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I breast feed and it hurts my nipple alot still. And no its not awkward at all, at least not to me. And when you're family is there just cover your self. And you can pump. And your breast stop hurting once you start to breast feed.
Helpful - 0
Ok good to know thank u
Helpful - 0
Great questions - it did hurt, at first.  The pain at first was more than just nipples too.  Nursing releases a hormone that encourages your uterus to contract so that's fun…The intensity of the contractions of the uterus increase with each child b/c your body knows what to do.  Being this is your first time nursing it probably won't be as intense.  Nursing was a decision I felt good about and knew it was the right decision.  When visitors came by they were respectful.  I had a great nursing cover too which was great.  My  husband was helpful b/c it definitely can be awkward trying to juggle a wiggly baby and a cover and your clothes…!

Keep asking questions!!
Helpful - 0
http://************/category/bf/ is a great resource. It's awkward at first to nurse in front of others. The first couple times you do it the awkwardness goes away. I hated using a cover. Instead I use the "two shirt method" you wear a nursing tank or a tank top with a stretchy elastic like top under a t shirt or other shirt. When you go to nurse you reach under and pull your breast out over the tank top and then raise your shirt up and latch baby on. The more you get the hang of it the swifter you can latch baby on! It cover the top of your boob and the skin of your tummy.  Nothing shows! To me it's less discreet than a cover. To me a cover says, "Hey! I'm nursing!" Lol! People have confused my babies as sleeping while I was really nursing them. Haha
Helpful - 0
some moms can breastfed infroont of anyone without shy and some r shy

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community