Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nursing while pregnant

Ok. So had my fourth baby Aug of 2015, and I'm still nursing him. Found out that I'm about 8 weeks pregnant with baby number 5. My question is should I attempt to ween my son and let my milk dry up for a few months before having to go through the whole process again or attempt to continue nursing til the new baby comes? The longest I've ever nursed any of my babies was for 13 months. And, like many of you, I loathe the weening and engorgment/drying up process.  Any tips, advice, or suggestions? Thanks!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm still nursing my son.  I don't see the point of going through all that discomfort twice!
Helpful - 0
134578 tn?1642048000
I'd still nurse.  My sister nursed both her kids at the same time and they are a year and a half apart -- she nursed through pregnancy and just kept going.
Helpful - 0
Thank you both! This is the direction I'm leaning.
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
Sajaca2011 - Congrats! Did you ever get your period before you got pregnant while you were breastfeeding? My baby is almost 11 months and I'm still breastfeeding but still no period.  I'm ready for a second baby - any suggestions?

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.