Nursing while pregnant

Ok. So had my fourth baby Aug of 2015, and I'm still nursing him. Found out that I'm about 8 weeks pregnant with baby number 5. My question is should I attempt to ween my son and let my milk dry up for a few months before having to go through the whole process again or attempt to continue nursing til the new baby comes? The longest I've ever nursed any of my babies was for 13 months. And, like many of you, I loathe the weening and engorgment/drying up process.  Any tips, advice, or suggestions? Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm still nursing my son.  I don't see the point of going through all that discomfort twice!
Helpful - 0
I'd still nurse.  My sister nursed both her kids at the same time and they are a year and a half apart -- she nursed through pregnancy and just kept going.
Helpful - 0
Thank you both! This is the direction I'm leaning.
Helpful - 0
Sajaca2011 - Congrats! Did you ever get your period before you got pregnant while you were breastfeeding? My baby is almost 11 months and I'm still breastfeeding but still no period.  I'm ready for a second baby - any suggestions?

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community