Pregnant and breastfeeding.

I've just recently found out that I'm about 3 months pregnant again.
I have a 7 month old daughter who I've been breastfeeding since day one.

I was told you can't breastfeed while you're pregnant because #1 breastfeeding causes your uterus to contract and that can cause complications for the new baby, and #2 because I need to give as much nutrients to my new baby as I possibly can.

I've been getting extra tired lately and it's because I'm trying to provide for 2 babies and I just can't do it anymore.

I was gunna wait till I could make an apt with my nutritionist at WIC for some help on how I can dry up my milk but I'm just so tired I need help asap.

Does anyone have any techniques as to how I can get myself to stop lactating?

I've slowly stopped letting her feed as much. She's on solid foods and I give her the bottle in between.
I only let her breastfeed in the morning and before bed. My production is slowing down but it's still very painful because my breasts still get very full after going the whole day without breastfeeding.

Any advice would be wonderful.
I've heard of putting cabbage leaves in your bra to stop the milk. I also have a friend who has talked about 'pumping to relieve pressure' but not enough to really empty out.  Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck.  Sorry I can't offer more - I have a 10 month old who I'm still nursing and haven't weaned at all.
It is possible to breastfeed whilst pregnant if you want to. Certain doctors may tell a woman to stop if it is causing complications with a pregnancy. If there are no complications many women still continue to nurse whilst pregnant and many continue to nurse both the new infant and the older child afterwards.
If you want to stop nursing that is okay too, it may be that you have just done it a little too quickly for your body to adjust. Weaning should be a slow process, dropping or shortening a nursing session every few days to allow your body to adjust to the reduced demand. Weaning too quickly can cause engorgement and pain (what you seem to be experiencing) and possible even cause a painful condition known as mastitis. Until your body adjusts a little trying letting your daughter have a short feed mid day, once things aren't so painful drop that feed altogether. Then shorten the morning session, once your body adjusts to that drop that one, leaving the evening feed to be the last one to shorten and then drop.
As the above poster said cold cabbage leaaves can provide some relief, also make sure you are wearing a good fitting bra or even a sports bra, this can also help ease some of the discomfort.
I've decided that I'm gunna keep breastfeeding, not as often as I used to, but still continue a few times a day.

I haven't gotten to see a doctor yet, I'm waiting for his new job's insurance to kick in on June 1st, but untill I see a doctor, and unless he says otherwise, I'm gunna continue BFing her until I get a lil closer to my due date, then take things a bit slower.

Thanks.
Those are not accurate statements. I would suggest searching kellymom and LLL for breastfeeding during pregnancy. You will find a lot of evidence based information on the topic. Rest assured that MANY mothers have continued to nurse while breastfeeding without ill results.

The main thing is to take care of YOU...drink to thirst, rest as much as you can, and eat nutritiously. Also, you will want to keep an eye on your baby's wet and dirty diapers and growth and supplement as necessary.

Do your own research and be informed (and empowered!).

Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community