Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pumping while being a stay at home mom

I stay home but it seems hard to pump and try breastfeed him too. Then he is very attached to me too. It just seem so hard need advice. Thank you in advance
4 Responses
4654179 tn?1595183520
Do you mean bf and pump at the same time? I set a pumping schedule and stick to it as much as possible if the baby gets hungry during that time then baby has priority.
i was a stay at home mom n my daughter was soo attached to me. But i only pumped when i was engored  cz my baby never liked a bottle n if i wasnt engored then i would only breastfeed
93532 tn?1349370450
I am a firm believer that a baby can never be too attached to mom. You are laying the foundation for trust and your mother-child bond. Nursing is always going to be preferable to a bottle, always more efficient than any pump on the market, and the lists of benefits go on and on. I remember how exhausting it was nursing my boys. It was literally 24/7 for 4 years total between all three boys. Looking back, it was probably one of the best parenting decisions made thus far. Believe it or not, I miss that time spent one on one with each of my boys. Don't be in such a hurry to break away from them. They grow way too fast!!
Well mostly when they go with someone else and while we are out I give a bottle.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.