advice/insight

I've been ebf for 4months now with my first child and I've been having issues getting back into the mood with my hubby. I think part of reason is bc I'm breastfeeding.  It's been difficult to switch from mommy mode when my baby is at the breast all the time.

My question is this,  for you ladies that are breastfeeding did you have trouble getting back in the mood? Did you just have to wait it out or force yourself?  Right now I've been forcing myself bc I did like being sexual once upon a time and I miss the feeling.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks all. It's good to know that it will pass. The sooner the better!
Helpful - 0
From my experience,  I didn't start "getting in the mood" until my periods came back.  I don't know why,  but that's how it was for me.  I assume it's hormone related.
Helpful - 0
I can definitely relate, my boobs were strictly off limits when I was nursing b/c they were very functional at the time…  I was okay being close and intimate - just the twins were off limits.  That was just too weird for me!  It did take a while to get there - my body was not what it was and being naked in front of my husband took some confidence!
Helpful - 0
I completely understand how you feel. My son is now 14 months and when I first had him I was just like you. As I learn that this is completely normal even if you are not breastfeeding this is bc of  the whole labor process and you fear of pain and also due to your hormones and the changes your body is going through. .... just give it some time. Best of wishes
Helpful - 0
My son will be 5 months in 2 weeks and I JUST started to get in the mood but still not nearly as often before I was breastfeeding. I exclusively breast feed as well. It's just hormone related and one they start solids and your hormone levels change again I'm sure everything will be back to normal so no worries! I understand about forcing yourself because I've had to do the same so my husband wouldn't feel like there was something wrong lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community