breastfeeding ?

Hello ladies im a ftm and received a free box of formula from similac it came with 3 different items 2 formula mixes and a 4 pack of a drink mix.. my question is the drink mix says that it's for moms who are breastfeeding who choose to introduce formula..I want to breastfeed but am I supposed to use formula too? Is that better to use both?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No. If you are breastfeeding it is best to breastfeed only. If you start using formula your body will stop making as much milk as it should. Formula companies honestly don't care what's best for your baby, they just want you to buy their products. It benefits them if your milk supply drops. Donate the formula to a food bank or a battered women's shelter so it will go to someone who needs it.
Helpful - 0
Two of my three kids never got formula (and I am proud to say that).  My oldest did b/c it was prescribed when he was first born due to being jaundice.  I too was sent formula- never really paid it too much attn and gave it way to friends who wanted it/could use it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community