Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

breastfeeding ?

Hello ladies im a ftm and received a free box of formula from similac it came with 3 different items 2 formula mixes and a 4 pack of a drink mix.. my question is the drink mix says that it's for moms who are breastfeeding who choose to introduce formula..I want to breastfeed but am I supposed to use formula too? Is that better to use both?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No. If you are breastfeeding it is best to breastfeed only. If you start using formula your body will stop making as much milk as it should. Formula companies honestly don't care what's best for your baby, they just want you to buy their products. It benefits them if your milk supply drops. Donate the formula to a food bank or a battered women's shelter so it will go to someone who needs it.
Helpful - 0
287071 tn?1365192513
Two of my three kids never got formula (and I am proud to say that).  My oldest did b/c it was prescribed when he was first born due to being jaundice.  I too was sent formula- never really paid it too much attn and gave it way to friends who wanted it/could use it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.