Breastfeeding Community

breastfeeding mommys

Please give me some tips! I am due in a few weeks and I want to be super successful this time around! I didn't have a clue what to do with my first, so my milk went away :( I don't want that to happen this time. Thanks :)
Lanolin was my best friend. Just get a good latch going and you'll be fine, if you have troubles take advantage of the breastfeeding consultants in the hospital. They'll help you and answer all your questions.
Ask your lactation speacialist its free and they are there to help and ask any questions everybody is different
In order for my milk supply to stay high do I feed him on demand? & do I have to pump after feedings? I don't want to introduce a bottle until he is a few months old. And what about binkys, do they really cause nipple confusion?  
Always feed him when he's hungry, always feed kids when they're hungry:P Be sure to switch boobies evenly though! You'll end up with one really big one and one not as big:P when and if baby passes out while nursing stick your finger in his mouth to unlatch. You don't want him to use you as a nook. You don't need to pump to keep a milk supply your body knows exactly how much milk to make based off of your regular feedings. Pump too much to get a big supply you'll be able to feed an army.
Ok thanks! I can't wait to hold him and feed him :) ♡
I didn't use a nook because I didn't want the confusion. My sister loved her nook as a baby and preferences just to sit and suck on that over feedings sometimes. She wasn't the best eater because of it. She also had buck teeth due to an extended use of it. I remember when my mom took it away,she screamed and cried trying to get to the top of the fridge to get it back. It was a nightmare. I didn't want the hassle of it,it seemed like more of a problem than anything to us. I didn't want a toddler running around with a nook. If my son really needed to comfort himself he sucked his thumb, he only did it when he was really really young and stopped as he got older.
Best of luck to you, do take advantage of the consultants if you need help! They are great resources, they should also get you some numbers to breastfeeding support if you ever run into anything or need some encouragement. Don't over think it (: congrats!
Thank you :)
Sounds like you've gotten some good tips. I was open to all the help anyone would offer me. I definitely found a ton of support on this site!  In the hospital, in the delivery room especially - I made sure the staff knew my intentions to nurse.  The hospital staff were all great!