breastfeeding?

How many people here are going to breast feed?II've got a son all ready and I breast feed him till he was 21 months I would off kept going but that was his choice to stop breast feeding...hoping I still go for that long with this baby:-):-):-):-):-)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I want to :-) I'm a ftm and everyone keeps telling me that its so hard and that I'm not going to be able to do it for long.....I'm not sure why everyone says bad things about it....maybe its because they couldnt do it for long idk.
Helpful - 0
Some people said that to me as well... but honestly I never had trouble...once u get your baby on a good latch and stuff you will be fine...for some people it hurts them and they bleed and all that but u can do it.:-) when are u due?
Helpful - 0
I definitely plan on breastfeeding again! I nursed my son till he began to wean himself at 13 months, I think it had to a lot to do wit the changing of my breast milk during my current pregnancy!  @julia0116 Breastfeeding can be hard, but it is completely worth it! I went in think it wld be all about determination and me jus pushing through but I soon realized my son had to be a willing participant as well and he had a mind of his own lol I was one of those bleeding nipple mommies but my son also had a serve tongue tie so he cld not latch on correct so that makes a big difference. We ended up getting him the surgery and that was a completely different curve ball so we went through a ton in the first 5 months frm teaching him to reuse his tongue, to finger feeding with an sns tube, to pumping and the list goes on. I say this not to scary you but to encourage you! Every mommy and baby are different, but even after our 5 crazy months I wld do it all over again because it was completely worth it! You maybe one of those mommies where there's minimal pain and your baby latches perfect, but if you aren't it's ok dnt be discouraged somethings we jus have to work at!
Helpful - 0
I'm Def going to breast feed I breastfeed my soon it was super easy and I didn't hv to worry about making bottles and buying expensive formula I loved it he's nine now and has very few,sick days
Helpful - 0
I plan to breastfeed also, I'm just tired of the negative feedback I have been getting from others, I do understand that it is not the best feeling in the world but having a healthy baby is way more important to me!
Helpful - 0
I'm going to pump but one he/she turns one it's over
Helpful - 0
I will be breastfeeding. I made it to six months with my first because then I found out I was pregnant again and dried up. With my second I made it to 9 months and then dried up because I found out I was pregnant with my third. I am hoping to make it to 2-3 years old.
Helpful - 0
Right now I'm 25 weeks 4 days. I just figure everyone has different experiences so I'm not listening to more of the bad than good I'm just taking it all in.
Helpful - 0
I'm due September 25th :-) sorry I forgot to put that in there
Helpful - 0
I'M due in September and I definitely plan to nurse my baby it's a natural and beautiful thing!! The bond is incredible. I nursed one of my babies til she was 27 mths and my last baby self weaned at nearly 11 mths each child is different but I'M definitely doing it.
Proud breastfeeding mama
Helpful - 0
Ayoso I'm glad to see someone that doesn't talk dodown about it and shows that it can be done as a FTM. Its like everyone thinks since they couldn't do it that I can't either lol. I'm gonna show them all wrong. :-) I'm going to be a proud breastfeeding mama also! :-)
Helpful - 0
@julia0116 I'M rooting for u!!
Helpful - 0
I had my first son at 18, chose to breastfeed, and had latching problems, they tore and bled in my babies mouth.  I got mastitis and thought I was going to have to stop, my baby was only a few weeks old.  Found out I had inverted nipples so he couldn't latch properly, and so I had to feed him with a tube on my finger so he wouldn't convert to bottle nipples until I healed.  I continued to nurse him as long as I could....point is. Its hard, but, you can totally do it, I am now pregnant with #4 and have nursed(easily) every one of them since!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community