breastpump

Whats the best, in your opinion? And why? I will be breastfeeding for the first time with my second child and want to make sure i get the best pump! I want double electric.. ive come across too many brands that say theyre the best so i figured id ask those with experience! Any other advice on breastfeeding would be greatly appreciated as well!! Thank you!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I loved the double electric. I pumped with it for around 8 months and after getting used to it, it was great. Only took 15 min. or so. Just don't give up. It takes a little while to get it. You may not be able to get anything out the first couple of weeks but just keep trying. My best advice is just relax and when you are pumping, close your eyes and think of the baby, it really does help. I found breastfeeding to be the same, it is a little hard at first but once you get it, there is nothing simpler. Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
Medela in style advanced. I loved it because it was the closest to the hospital brand and it helped me to pump 500-1000 if not more of breast milk. I hated pumping because putting baby to breast was less work.
Helpful - 0
I would definitely say double electric
I got first years I'm starting to have trouble with it so wouldn't reccomend it! As far as breastfeeding my baby is 10 weeks I breastfeed nd formula definitely don't give up! Very stressful at the beginning I remember all I was thinking was I wanted to give up but I never did I'm glad I didn't! (:
Helpful - 0
I've had both Medela and Ameda and they are both great brand pumps. My advice is whichever one you decide one check what kind of warranty they have because even the best pump can break. Also check with your insurance because a lot of them are covering breast pumps. Or if you are on a program like WIC they may give you one.

My best advice for breast feeding is: nurse baby as long and as frequently as they want. This will help your milk to come in. Get some lanolin and put it on your nipples after every feeding to help keep them from getting too sore. Also you can rub some milk on your nipples and let them air dry to help with soreness. Even with doing both of these odds are your nipple will still get at least a little sore so nurse through the pain. If you can make it through the first two to three weeks your nipples will toughen up and they won't hurt anymore and also by then both you and baby know what you are doing and it becomes so easy. I am currently breastfeeding baby #3 and I wanted to quit with each of them but once I got past the first few weeks its so easy and I'm happy I kept at it.
Helpful - 0
I have the medela single pump and so far I love it!! Though I've only used it relieve pressure off one side cuz my darling angel favours the other side ha.
As for tips..don't give up. Its a learning experience for you and babe and it may take them awhile to learn how to latch properly. But its with it in the end. Also make sure to use the lanolin cream after each feed to help prevent cracks and such. Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
*worth
Helpful - 0
I have a double electric Medela and I love it. It's not paiful at all!!! I use it every day. My daughter also is nursing. But when she don't feel like sucking I will use the pump!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community