engorgment

So i had my baby 4 days ago and i had planed on breast feeding and trust me ive tryed and tryed and im just so disapointed that she dont wanna take me... i had no choice but to use a bottle to feed her cause the poor thing was so hungry. Now my boobies are constantly leaking and they hurt badly, nipples are alil scabed and im so sore, how do i sooth my boobies :( please help they hurt so bad
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
For nipple soreness lanolin and soothies help a bunch!!!
Helpful - 0
I had this happen too. Pump every 2-3 Hours. Hot packs on your breast or taking a warm shower will help with milk let down. You will have to massage your breast to get all the milk out for 1-2 days. It is a lot of work but it gets a lot better. My son started latching a lot better once my milk came in and the engorgement resolved. Good luck...i wouldn't recommend cabbage leaves If your plan to continue to breast feed as it can dry up you milk supply
Helpful - 0
A really warm towell  right in top of each boobs when hurts you really bad and it will start leaking and the soreness will go away and the pain too good luck and keep trying..
Helpful - 0
I am still trying :) i do have a pump (just got it) so i planed on useing it but i figured i would just hurt myself right now with how sore they are, i love laying her on my chest under covers (i keep a close eye on her) she goes right to sleep :)
Helpful - 0
I know when my girl fuses I lay her on my chest till she calms down which helps with the latch. As for engorged boobs frozen cabbage leaves and warm showers [email protected]
Helpful - 0
Feed her out of the bottle with u r milk..... start with the bottle for 2 min then get.her to breastfeed at frist she maybe to hurgy to even want to try but onces she's has some may just take to it  
Helpful - 0
Keep keep trying mom. She will come around soon until then continue to pump at least 3 times a day. Store your milk. But absolutely keep trying baby will latch soon. Try more skin to skin interactions lay baby on your chest often. Touch baby's chin and cheeck with your finger get baby use to the touch and closeness
Helpful - 0
if you have a pump you could still pump it some babies have a harder time latching on than others
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community