swollen lymph nodes

my friends 3 year old American pit bull had swollen lymph nodes in neck the size of golf balls, they are smaller now an hard as a rock, he said they have been this way for about a month.  Of course I told him needed to go to vet right away, unfortunately my friend is on disability and does not have the money to take her and I have 5 of my own so do not have the money to offer.  What would cause this swelling to happen?  She is a healthy dog and stays inside most all the time except to go potty.  Is there anything we can try to help her?

This discussion is related to Cancer.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Cancer in Pets Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.