Chemo or not

Hi, I just got my Oncotype score - 17, the very top of the Low Risk category.  I am 56 and had a mastectomy last month for a 2 cm IDC tumor, ER/PR+, HER2 neg (2+ equivocal on IHC, negative on FISH), 1 sentinel node (out of 4) positive for a 2 mm micromet, all other nodes (60!!) negative for metastatic cancer.  Mother and sister both had bc within the past 18 months, both doing fine, no chemo for either, sister tested negative for BRCA mutation, I await testing for myself.

With family history of hematological cancers (dad had CLL, niece had Hodgkin's), I am wondering if the marginal benefit chemo apparently would offer me on top of aromatase inhibitors merits the risk of leukemia.  Your opinion will be helpful. Thanks.

This discussion is related to Chemo or not.

You are reading content posted in the Cancer Community

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.