Cancer Community

Just noticed a well-circumscribed purple bump on my buttocks

I am a 25 year old male in decent health. I recently noticed a well-circumscribed bump on my right buttocks. It is about 6-8mm in diameter and is painless upon palpation. It appears to be deep within the skin, but it does feel slightly raised. I had strep throat a month ago and received a Bicillin shot in this same buttocks, but the bump seems a good deal inferior to the Bicillin injection shot. My immediate fear is Liposarcoma. Is there anything else that this could be? I obviously plan on seeing a dermatologist as soon as possible, however, I am currently scared to death. Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime as I wait to see a specialist? Any info would be very much appreciated! I have added a photo of the bump.

Side note: I have a family history of lymphoma as both my brother and sister were diagnosed with Lymphoma HLH as a result of Epstein Barr infection.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.