Cancer Community

what detection for cancer can be used

Hi.

I wanted to know what detection is used to look for cancer, lately I have been having sore elbow feels like in the bone,and sore back muscles, I went to a doctor for my arm they told me tennis elbow but the sugested care for it has not helped has gotten worse, and I have knee pain in the joints if I sit for short periods of time they ache of pain so bad I have to get up and stand, and I have headaches ranges from mild to severe (which I have seen a doctor for and been given piills to reduce the pain) but I still get them and wander if the conditions are cancer related?
I have noticed my dad had the same conditions of his cancer before he had passed away in January 2014,

I know cancer is found in age groups in their 40's but have ready cases of people having them in their 30's as well.

I understand your concern regarding your symptoms. To rule out cancer, further evaluation may indeed be done and additional diagnostic tests be requested. Headache may be attributed to primary headaches as well as other neurological issues while elbow and joint pain may be caused by skeletal conditions also. Direct clinical examination as well as imaging studies may need to be done. It is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.