Looking for answers...

First of all, I know you can't diagnose someone over the interweb but I'm just looking for possibilities to what is going on. I have looked up and talked to several people about the issues I have encountered over the last few months and it seemed to lead to carpool tunnel. So I went to the doctor and he ordered a nerve conductivity test - it came back "normal.''

The issues are in both hands - burning in the forearms, weakness in the hands a slight tingle on occasion like pins and needles but its not too bad, a dull aching pain that comes and goes randomly and my thumb twitches on occasion (I think the thumb isn't part of the issue.)

My general care doc sent me to the specialist to have the test done and the results where sent the day of the test. Nearly 3 weeks of not hearing any word back I called the specialist and they said they sent the results to my GC doc, so I called him, they said they never got the results so I called the specialist again.... after more phone calls back and forth my primary doc  finally call me back today... 5 days later saying the results where normal. Needless to say I'm not too happy right now because I would like to resolve the issue. They did say however that I can set up another appointment with my primary again so he can refer me to another specialist which means more time and money spent on my part.

Where should I look next?

p.s. I'd rather not play this cat and mouse game with a middle man that is primary care doc. I am still on my parents insurance for another month and I would like to get this taken care of before then but I don't see that happening.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are experiencing weakening hands. There is a certain degree I think that you can still do normal stuff at a normal force that is why hospital evaluations will not be able to trace your condition. My advise is for you to visit a physical therapist, or even a gym instructor. Your Carpal Tunnel is just starting to show it's early symptoms. All you need is flexibility and strength. Just my 2 cents.
Helpful - 0
Hello I see u have been having some problems with ur hands ok I to was tested for carpol tunnel and  my doctor told me he was tired of dealing with it so I went to another clinic and seen another dr I was giving an MRI in 97 because I couldn't walk where I found out that I have dergentive disk diease which is a pproblem with my back so I went to see this dr and she told me that I may not have carpol tunnel at all that it could be my dergentive disk diease that is causing my hand and arm pain so u know it could be something some where else causing u to have hand pain just a thought I had thought I wuld share it
Helpful - 0
Hi - I would look for another doctor and someone in alternative medicine - maybe acupuncture, chiropractor, occupational or physical therapy like LadyViolet23 suggested.  Even if you don't test positive for carpal tunnel doesn't negate what you're feeling - issues with your hands and arms that are not normal!  You don't want to get to the point where you do actually test positive for carpal tunnel, as it's harder to reverse the affects.  

For my story, I had some minor symptoms that I ignored for a while. Then, when I began working on the computer a lot more, and assigned to a high demanding project, my carpal tunnel really acted up (at the worst time)!  Carpal tunnel seems to be an illness that Western medicine is inadequate to address.  I'd try alternative medicine.  For example, when I went to a doctor, he required me to take a nerve test, where he shot electric signals in my nerves!  When I went to another doctor, she suggested doing the same thing, as she didn't trust the first doctor's results.  That procedure was excruciatingly painful -- so I refused.  I started using acudragon essential oil (green) as well, which really helped.  It's a much better version of tiger balm or ben gay.  

Am trying to figure out how to help those with carpal tunnel -- as it was a really horrible experience for me.  Would love to chat more with you re: your experience and how I could help.

Best,
Sera
Helpful - 0
I too have carpal tunnel.  I've had it for many years  though.  my symptoms seem to have become worse over time even though I had the pressure release operation done on my right hand. I am starting to believe though that the severity of the symptoms that people experience is related to food sensitivities. Personally I have issues with dairy products. If I consume dairy products I get severe tightening and tension in my forearms that is excruciatingly painful. It makes my hands very painful and my fingers get very stiff and hard to bend. More recently though I have discovered that if I consume foods that are part of the nightshade family my symptoms of numbness and tingling and a feeling of a lump under my arm pits gets much worse.others may want to try eliminating foods from their diet such as I have to find a measure of relief. I hope this helps
Helpful - 0
PS avoid caffeine like the plague. It definitely makes carpal tunnel symptoms much worse.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches