do I have carpel?

I'm 36 Weeks pregnant (FTM) & my right hand has been cramping lately. Not to bad where it's unbearable pain, just a annoying stinging in the palm of my hand. I have no idea if this is normal or not? Just looking for some advice on wether I should call my doctor or just wait out the 2 days till my next appointment.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In CTS, we use the PRAGMATIC abbreviation for potential causes, and P does stand for pregnancy. So yes you could have CTS. Now as for whether it goes away, I seriously have not yet encountered a pregnant patient with a CTS before.

So my advice, would be to see a doctor cause sometimes CTS causes night pain that can cause sleepless nights. We dont want an unhealthy baby.
Helpful - 0
Hello! You could have CTS. I am a Orthopedic Surgical First Assistant and have assisted with thousands (25+ years) of CTS procedures, both open and arthroscopic. A good symptom to look for is numbness/ tingling in your thumb, index, middle and possibly a portion of the ring fingers. This all is caused by compression of the median nerve at the wrist. Please always consult a physician, preferably a Orthopedic Surgeon that has completed a hand residency in your case. Please feel free to contact me if you would like in further info! I normally check the Orthopedic Community since I am the Community Leader there. Best of luck!
Helpful - 0
Hi, how is your condition right now? I have tried meeting up with a therapist and things are going pretty fine.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches