Cat Licking Belly&BackLeg fur off

I have a 10 year-old, orange, shorthair, indoor (though we could have tracked anything indoors on our shoes), female cat.

Approximately 2 months ago she started licking her back legs a lot. Over a few weeks she licked her inner back legs and lower belly completely bare. About 2 weeks ago I noticed very faint pink dots on the bare skin. They were not raised bumps. They were not there before. One week ago she has licked the pink spots so much they are much more noticable now, though still not raised even as much as acne bumps to make a comparison. This week she has licked a spot or two to rawness. She is also licking small bald areas to her front legs.

She has NO FLEAS. I do not think it is ALLERGIES as her diet/environment has not changed. I've seen her go hours and hours without licking her belly but then I'd come into my bedroom some afternoon and she's licking her belly and legs again. None of my other cats as of yet have begun to lick their fur off.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My cat is a young indoor cat shes very energetic if I dont play with her she licks the back of her legs and there is a baby with dry skin I don't know how to spell the condition but he needs creams anyway I look after the cat her legs at the bk are lumbie there not bald but both back legs
Helpful - 0
Take the cat to the vet for a skin check and anxiety pills if the skin isn't the answe. That's what I'm going to do ASAP
Helpful - 0
The vet the vet the vet. ASAP
Helpful - 0
The vet the vet the vet. ASAP
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cats Community