Cat bleeding from anus after pooping.

We adopted a 3 and one half year old purebred Siamese after our 19 yr old kitty passed from Humane Society. We have 2 other adopted cats, one 16 yr old and the other is 9. The Siamese chased the other 2 and now it is reversed. I just saw our new fella poop and then saw a couple drops of blood. What is going on? I called the vet and left a message.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello and welcome...  

Please let us know what your vet said.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Could have been a constipated stool? Can also be from something in his diet, I have had a previous cat and also one I have now that both got very bloody stools from an ingredient in dry kibble....if on kibble try feeding cans for awhile, might save you lots on a vet bill. If it is medical they will likely sau IBD irritable bowel disease, But neglect to tell you the irritation is due to chemicals in the food

You are reading content posted in the Cats Community