My 2 year old female long haired munchkin, Lily, has not been eating on her own or going to the bathroom at all. She throws up after syringe feeding her with soft mushy foods. I took her to the vet last night and they gave her some antibiotics and a fluid shot because she is so dehydrated. Today will make it a week she has been sick. I couldn't afford to pay the vet to keep her overnight with an IV. I left her with my mother in law today who use to work for a vet many years ago. She plans on giving Lily some mineral oil to try to help her pass the stool that is in her intestines. The vet wanted to get her hydrated and go straight in for surgery. Makes me feel uneasy that they automatically thought surgery was the only option. Does anyone have any recommendations for medicines to give a cat to pass stool? Lily did weight a little bit over 5 lbs before getting sick, now she is 3.6 lbs. I'm so worried and I can't afford a huge bill, plus I didn't get approved for the care credit. Any suggestions would be great. I'm pretty sure she didn't eat a string or get into poison. She hacked up a big hairball the day before she got sick so I'm really thinking she has a hairball problem, she is a long haired cat and so is her father Poe. They bath each other all the time. Please help. Thank you.