Excessive malodorous flatulence

I am a fifteen year old student suffering from severe malodorous flatulence. I first noticed this problem about a year ago. It first started with a lot of gas. Mainly during school this year I have noticed much more of this. I don't experience the sensation of passing gas but based on the expressions and comments from the people around me I realize that I am releasing very foul smelling gas. I desperately need a solution to curing this problem. Is there anything you can suggest that can help me get rid of this? Do you know what is causing this in the first place?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know this was posted a while ago but I too suffer with gas. Would you say a gluten free diet would help this problem?
Helpful - 0
Another possible cause is sugar alcohols.  If you eat a lot of sugar-free things, watch out for sugar alcohols to be added.  Many people have strong reactions to these.  They are words that end in -itol, like sorbitol, mallitol, etc.

I agree that dairy is a frequent culprit also.  
Helpful - 0
You should get checked for Celiacs and also get off dairy to see if that helps. I had horrible gas before I quit gluten.

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Celiac Disease Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem