Chiari Malformation Community

Neck stretching

Hi,  Up until very recently, I have been able to stretch my neck, thinking it was tight from stress. Recently, though, I have had some terrible symptoms after stretching. My ears plugged up, my head gut all fuzzy and woozy/faint feeling and I was extremely fatigued! I had a drop in blood pressure which lasted until the following day. I'm not sure if this is partly due to being dehydrated or the chiari alone. Has anyone else experienced this after stretching your neck?  Needless to say, I won't be exercising my neck EVER again!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
@lynnbrook177- With Chiari and syringomyelia....it is possible for the  compression of nerves and the spinal cord and even the brain stem when we do certain activities.....so it can depend on how your tonsils are situated and what other issues you may have going on in addition to Chiari.
If you go for surgery, neck exercises will need to be done but in a slow controlled manor to help prevent scar tissue and the muscles getting tight...but for now I agree best not to.