Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiari Malformation Community
5.21k Members
17333229 tn?1455767768

what should i expect int he coming days?

I have been diagnosed this week with Chiari Malformation at 17mm. my neurologist is 50% sure it is what is causing my headaches and I will be having a consultation for the surgery on Monday. I'm really hoping for the surgery and am afraid if they decline me. I am planning on cutting my hair short for the procedure, I know its not necessary but have read about the scalp hurting afterwards and am wishing to avoid that.

also

would they postpone the surgery due to the fact I am recovering from bronchitis? I only have the lingering cough now.
1 Responses
620923 tn?1452915648
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi KenziePaige and welcome to the Chiari forum.

To have surgery is much more then to help relieve headaches....May I ask, what other symptoms you are having?
ALso was a CINE MRI done to check for a CSF obstruction.....and were ALL related conditions ruled out? This is VERY Important if you plan to have surgery and get a few opinions as surgery is not a cure or fix....some symptoms may remain while some could get worse....so do make sure all the related conditions are ruled out as they can affect how you feel and heal post op should you be a surgical candidate.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
987762 tn?1331027953
Australia
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease