Child Behavior Forum

Aplasia Cutis Congenita

My daughter was diagnosed with Aplasia Cutis Congenita and they told me is was genetic however I've never seen anything like it on either side of the family! I was in 2 car accidents while pregnant with her so my question is could this be the cause of her Aplasia Cutis Congenita? As I have read on the Internet where this could be the cause in some cases. Is that true?
I suppose if an accident caused disruption of the amniotic membranes that could be the case, though most often the cause is genetic. The other most frequent cause would be some infection or side effect of medication.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments