Avatar universal

Children are violent and destructive, 7 and 12.

A pair of family members living in my house due to their parents' poverty are extremely out-of-control. They're breaking our possessions, the 7-year-old just threw and broke a glass, and they're so violent that they often choke each other.  Their mother does not watch or discipline them half of the time, and when she does, they do not listen or improve, no matter what's done. I'm afraid they may hurt me or my loved ones. What should I do? Is there any way I can stay anonymous? My own family situation is quite rough and I would rather they not find out, as my own family may hurt me.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
134578 tn?1642048000
I think anonymous reports can be made to Children's Services, if that is what you are asking when you say "is there any way I can stay anonymous."  I think the answer is yes.  Call and ask them.
Helpful - 0
5914096 tn?1399918987
It sounds like the behavior of these kids is strictly the responsibility of their parents.  If these kids are causing a disruption to your family, perhaps they should be asked to leave.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Community

Top Children's Health Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments