Billy

My son is six years old  born pre mature and is having trouble speaking .My wife speaks Korean I speak  English ,but he is going to a school in Japan which uses Japanese .Any help welcomed .
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is he having problems physically talking - stuttering, lisp, cannot pronounce words? or is the problem about acquiring vocabulary and forming complete sentences?

Helpful - 0
Has he progressed over the years with speaking? Is he just now starting to speak? More details about his speech background and his current problem might help get some suggestions. I'm not positive, but I would not think that the different languages should impede his ability to speak. At a young age, children are like sponges and soak everything up. The research shows that learning multiple languages is easier at an early age. Have you considered he may be choosing not to speak? More details would help.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Children - Special Needs Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments