I suffer from multiple learning disabilities

Hi, I am 18 years old and I suffer with my cognitive function. I cannot read, cannot write, cannot concentrate, cannot memorize. School is extremely difficult for me. Recently my doctor diagnosed me with schizophrenia. I have a simple question do you think there is something wrong with the diagnosis or if there is something else wrong with me besides schizophrenia?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is it just printed materials you have trouble reading and writing?   What are you using to help you on the computer?  What happens when you're trying to read? Do the letteres get jumbled or blurry? Is it you can't make out the words.

I don't know if what you are dealing with is schizophrenia related or not. We can only offer our opinions but it can't be taken for medical fact.
Helpful - 0
I have trouble reading in general. Nothing happens when I am trying to read, I just cannot process the information. No....the letters do not get jumbled or blurry.
Helpful - 0
i have a child with nvld, 10 yrs old prints at age 5, reading comphrension issues , takes things litterally, math issues, in general his short term memory is not good ,  new things that he is trying to learn need to be repetitive in order for him to remember long term, abstract thinking is dificult, organization issues, socially inept, poor image recall, faulty spacial perception, easily overwhelmed, fears of changes to routine,difficulty trying new things, prone to depression and anxiety....nvld =non verbal learning disability..

does this sound like any of your issues?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Children - Special Needs Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments