Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

Homeopathic treatments?

My little boy is 6 years old and basically allergic to everything! He is also a severe asthmatic....the two together are a whirlwind.
Over the last year, we have stopped taking him to get his weekly allergy shots because they would make him incredibly sick and throw him into asthma attacks.
We started giving him lots of local honey, tons of fruits and veggies and making him juices. I have seen such a major difference in his health and he has done so well!
I'm wandering if any of you have tried any other homeopathic ways to deal with allergies and asthma? If so, please share. I would like to try new things with him so that his body doesn't just get use to this and start going back to it's old ways.
Thanks!
4 Responses
757137 tn?1347196453
At one time I suffered from many allergies, mostly food. I was treated by an MD who practiced kinesiology. With each visit he got rid of one allergy - permanently. Old-fashioned allergists can't approach that level of success.
Avatar universal
Very interesting. I will look into that. Thank you!
Avatar universal
Hello Wbc5,
I hope my story might help you in some way to find out why your son is so sick.
I had a severe allergy problem and could breathe or sleep.  My lips and face were all tingling all day.   My ears were ringing and throat was choking once in a while.   I was tired all day and could not sleep, think, walk or function.   I was in and out of the hospitals and doctors' offices. I thought I had cancer so the hospital did all sort of CT scans and other tests but no cancer.   I took a ton of medication daily like xyzal, singulaire, allegra, and prednisone and nose sprays for to help with the breathing and the itching. I got so fat  - it’s the side effects from takings these pills.   Some morning I could not get out of bed and could not walk and changed my living will and told my husband to prepare my funeral the way I wanted.
It was a very long story and it took two years of research, lots of testing, and perseverance and we found out that I was allergic to particle boards in the house.  The particle board was in kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, living room shelving, and in furniture.   And since my immune system was severely affected by the horrible particle board chemical, my body went crazy and now I am allergic to other chemicals like  polyester, nylon, rubber, spandex, latex, plastic and anything with formaldehyde.   I had the particle boards removed and had the house repainted 3 times but you just can’t get rid of that lethal particle smell.  The smell permeated into the walls and the trusses and stay there forever like cigarette, cigar, and cooking oils. We had to sell the house and build another house without particle boards or even wood since most woods smell.  My husband and I basically threw away our entire wardrobes and replaced with all organic cotton-linen clothes.  I donated the entire house hold stuff including beautiful furniture and carpets to GOOD WILL and Habitat Society and replaced with stainless steel/glass/stone stuff.  
After that horrendous ordeal, I am alive and feel a lot better.    I still take those pills but only when I have the occasional chemical attack.  The pound also dropped too.  It has been expensive but it is much better than the alternative of being in the hospitals, or worse, death.   Please check out your house to see if you have particle board in the house.  Also check for mold.  Research on mold and read up on what mold do to your immune system.    Try taking your son to long vacation someplace with fresh air away from your house to see if he gets better.  Let him stay with another relative for a few weeks in the summer to see if he gets better.  (Hopefully the relative’s house has no particle board in it).  As part of my testing purposes, I moved to Holiday Inn hotel for a while and I felt much better, that’s when I knew something in the house that made me sick.   I tried staying a Marriott hotels but left after midnight – they have so much fancy wooden furniture in each room and the furniture was definitely had particle board in it.    
It took me two years - lots of time and money but I did not give up.  My health has improved drastically and I am doing well as long as I don’t go shopping at stinky places like Bed Bath and Beyond.  The smell in that store always made me sick for 3 days after being there for 10 minutes.  The smelly runner-ups are Home Depot, Lowes and other department stores – they made me sick after 20 – 30 minutes.   The longer I stay away from smelly stuff, the stronger I feel.  
That's my storey.  Hope you can find out soon what makes your son sick.  
Avatar universal
Hello Wbc5,
I hope my story might help you in some way to find out why your son is so sick.
I had a severe allergy problem and could breathe or sleep.  My lips and face were all tingling all day.   My ears were ringing and throat was choking once in a while.   I was tired all day and could not sleep, think, walk or function.   I was in and out of the hospitals and doctors' offices. I thought I had cancer so the hospital did all sort of CT scans and other tests but no cancer.   I took a ton of medication daily like xyzal, singulaire, allegra, and prednisone and nose sprays for to help with the breathing and the itching. I got so fat  - it’s the side effects from takings these pills.   Some morning I could not get out of bed and could not walk and changed my living will and told my husband to prepare my funeral the way I wanted.
It was a very long story and it took two years of research, lots of testing, and perseverance and we found out that I was allergic to particle boards in the house.  The particle board was in kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, living room shelving, and in furniture.   And since my immune system was severely affected by the horrible particle board chemical, my body went crazy and now I am allergic to other chemicals like  polyester, nylon, rubber, spandex, latex, plastic and anything with formaldehyde.   I had the particle boards removed and had the house repainted 3 times but you just can’t get rid of that lethal particle smell.  The smell permeated into the walls and the trusses and stay there forever like cigarette, cigar, and cooking oils. We had to sell the house and build another house without particle boards or even wood since most woods smell.  My husband and I basically threw away our entire wardrobes and replaced with all organic cotton-linen clothes.  I donated the entire house hold stuff including beautiful furniture and carpets to GOOD WILL and Habitat Society and replaced with stainless steel/glass/stone stuff.  
After that horrendous ordeal, I am alive and feel a lot better.    I still take those pills but only when I have the occasional chemical attack.  The pound also dropped too.  It has been expensive but it is much better than the alternative of being in the hospitals, or worse, death.   Please check out your house to see if you have particle board in the house.  Also check for mold.  Research on mold and read up on what mold do to your immune system.    Try taking your son to long vacation someplace with fresh air away from your house to see if he gets better.  Let him stay with another relative for a few weeks in the summer to see if he gets better.  (Hopefully the relative’s house has no particle board in it).  As part of my testing purposes, I moved to Holiday Inn hotel for a while and I felt much better, that’s when I knew something in the house that made me sick.   I tried staying a Marriott hotels but left after midnight – they have so much fancy wooden furniture in each room and the furniture was definitely had particle board in it.    
It took me two years - lots of time and money but I did not give up.  My health has improved drastically and I am doing well as long as I don’t go shopping at stinky places like Bed Bath and Beyond.  The smell in that store always made me sick for 3 days after being there for 10 minutes.  The smelly runner-ups are Home Depot, Lowes and other department stores – they made me sick after 20 – 30 minutes.   The longer I stay away from smelly stuff, the stronger I feel.  
That's my storey.  Hope you can find out soon what makes your son sick.  
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Children's Allergies Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.