hives detective

We're trying to figure out what has caused my three-year-old to break out in hives all over his body twice.   If I keep a journal and find that he was exposed to something (shellfish, latex, food coloring) and did NOT break out within six weeks, does that mean we can rule out that particular possible allergen as the culprit?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I doubt if its that easy, however, what was he eating before the break out is it there all the time or comes and goes, what Laundry detergent do you use, try a free and clear as this is very often the allergen, what are his diapers made of and also what bath gel do you use,Try all the Free and clear stuff and you will find the answer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Children's Allergies Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.