9 weeks Pregnant with a "bacterial infection" and "indeterminate chlamydia"

Hi! I'm freaking out. I am married to my husband of 3 years and we have a 2 yr old together and just found out we are pregnant with our second baby. I'm 9 weeks along. I had my blood, urine, and a swab test done for my first OB appointment. My results came in as chlamydia being indeterminant and that I have a bacterial infection. The test said E. coli growth of 25,000. Would this cause the chlamydia test to not come up undetermined? Doctor put me on ampicillin 3X a day.

My husband is in the military and was overseas. He told me a lot of the guys cheated and I'm giving him the benefit of doubt he did not cheat.

Please help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
All I said was if you both had this to be treated..I am glad that this was not what it was..I never said he cheated either..I wish you the best..
Bless
Helpful - 0
The other posters were reasonable, I just think they do not have the fully knowledge as I have. But others who have posted here in the past have more knowledge then I. We all try our best to help.
Helpful - 0
The infection turned out to be a simple bladder infection and neither of us have chlamydia. Thank you Vance3225 for being the only reasonable one.
Helpful - 0
No he did not cheat. You can not make that statement and be sure. Other infections can give chlamydia an interterminate reading...which means not positive not negative.

Pregency can also lead to false positives.

I suggest retesting and have husband test also.
Helpful - 0
You both need to be treated for this as Babyg92 said..Or you will continue to pass it back and fourth..This is a serious infection and can do some damage to a women's Baby Maker..OK..
Helpful - 0
first off he did cheat. unless you have more then one sex partner. thats how you get it. if its not you then its him. don't let him lie to you about it. i am currently 10 weeks nd was diagnosed with it as well. I'm not sure about the other thing. but if you have it so does he and he needs to get treated asap or else you will continue to have it and it effects the baby big time.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.