Azithromycin failure?

10/12 I took a 14 day course of Doxycycline in December for sinusitis.
27/12 Contracted Chlamydia
27/01 Chlamydia symptoms begin to show after sex with different partner who was clean (initially tingling, then sharp pain when urinating)
09/02 Tested- diagnosed NSU and prescribed 1000mg Azithromycin
13/02 Symptoms much better and barely noticeable
15/02 Confirmed positive Chlamydia
05/03 Ongoing mild symptoms (slight pain when urinating)

I'm guessing the Doxycycline course shouldn't mean resistance to Azithromycin but I've included that for clarity. I'm considering going in for a retest/more antibiotics but I've heard that you should as much as 3 months for a retest. I want to start having sex again in 12 days so I'm inclined to go sooner rather than later, or should I not be too concerned by mild stinging at this stage?

If you retest it should be 3-4 weeks after finished last course of antibiotics.
15/03/13 Chlamydia retest came back positive. The nurse said I should wait at least 6 weeks but I still had symptoms. She also said there has never been a case of Azithromycin failure. Am I that much of an exception?
15/03/13 Prescribed 7x 200mg of Doxycycline and symptoms are fading. Recommended not to have sex for a week but should I wait longer?
It only takes 3-4 weeks after medication for the body to fully flush dead bacteria from it.

Well I would wait the week and use CONDOMS.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.