Can a chlamydia test be wrong??

So since 2015 I had been having pain during sexual intercourse. I have only been with my husband for the last 3 years. The symptoms started after I had my son in 2014. At first they were mild I had a check up and everything came back normal. My dr told me I just needed lubricant. I felt it was something more than that. So all through 2015 my symptoms got worse sex is very painful, I get itchy after, and urinating burns. I had another well women's check up in June 2016 at a different clinic and they said I tested positive for chlamydia. Myself or my husband have not been with anyone else. So I'm concerned for myself and it's also caused emotional stress on our marriage. I don't know what else to do the nurse at the clinic was really cold I asked if this could be wrong because I know my husband and he wouldn't do anything like that and the nurse responded by telling me "there's no other way you can contract this so someone had to have a different sexual partner."
Yes, I would say it can be wrong. The same thing happened to me. I got re-tested and the second test was negative. I also had health care professionals telling me I am naive to think that my boyfriend didn't cheat on me.  I am pretty sure the first test was wrong and the negative test is the accurate one.  

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.