Chlamydia

I tested positive for chlamydia on 5/6/16. My partner was not diagnosed with this. My doctor prescribed me azithromycin 1g as well as an expedited partner excited for my partner. We both took it the same day. We had unprotected sex 5 days into the 7day wait time. Will this affect the course of the medication?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi and good question. If she did not have it when you did there is a chance she got it as she would have started the medication too early. It would be best to talk to your doc about this.
Helpful - 1
**an expedited partner rx **
Helpful - 0
I took 2 grams of azithromycin and all my symptoms disappeared and then returned 3 weeks later. I am now taking 7 days worth of minocycline, which doesn't seem to be helping much. I will return to my doctor tomorrow morning for more testing. There is a really good chance you infected her even while taking the antibiotic. I recommend that you both get tested. It is also not good for your partner to just take antibiotics as a preventative measure...better just to have unprotected sex after you test negative for all infections.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.