Chlamydia and no cheating?

I went to the gynecologist about five months ago for what I thought was just a bacterial infection. I have had BV several times and was experiencing the same symptoms this time. The doctor called with the results a few days later saying I did have BV but also tested positive for Chlamydia. My partner tested positive as well. We had only been together a few months and determined that the infection had to be from his previous partner. After taking the medication we both tested negative for our follow up. I have been to the doctor once more about 3 months ago just to make sure and tested negative again. I recently went to the doctor again about 2 weeks ago thinking I had BV again and once again I have BV but also tested positive for chlamydia again. I 100% have not cheated on my partner and my partner also swears he hasn't. I really want to believe him because I don't think he would cheat on me but I also know this infection doesn't appear on its own. We have been together for a year. Someone please help!!!

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.