Chlamydia for over five years?

Is it possible Chlamydia could go undetected for five years? I've read that the longest time documented was four years on a isolated case, so if there was any possibility I had it, would I definitely know by now? Also in terms on sexual contact how easily could you get it, if you haven't had intercourse but in terms of .. foreplay?
I am not quite understanding you. Have you tested for chlamydia through a urine test or vaginal swab? If so you can be confident you do not have chlamydia.

Generally as a female you would need to have been exposed to an ejaculation from an infected male in your vagina (or rubbed there possibly) for a practical chance of infection.
Hard to tell what you are asking, have you had a chlamydia test, either a urine or vaginal swab and was it negative?

Unless you have had unprotected vaginal sex, your odds of chlamydia infection would be extremely low and probably zero.
I've sent one off and I'm currently waiting for the results, I just wondered if you thought it would be possible after over five years.
I am not sure why you are referring to 5 years.

What has been your sexual history; what have been any symptoms?

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.