Chlamydia not cured?

A few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with chlamydia and I got treated for it with azithromycin.
At the same time my partner had gotten tested twice and both came back negative.
I went back for a re-test a week after I took the pills and it was positive but my doctor assumed it was a false positive so I went back for another test a week later. That test came back negative and I was told I am all clear.
However, before I went back for my very last test after the false positive, I started to notice some symptoms again.
My vaginal area is itchy, I noticed some discharge which does not have any odor, and pain during intercourse with some mild mild blood in the fluids.
Does this mean I still have chlamydia even though the last test came back as negative?
Should I go back and get re-tested?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been trying to cure my chlamydia for over a month now. I have taken 2 grams of azithromycin all at once about a month ago. My symptoms went away for about 3 weeks and returned. I'm on a 7 day course of minocycline, which doesn't seem to be helping.  

I believe I might have a super strain of chlamydia here in Japan. I will be getting a new urine/swab test tomorrow and I will have to get more anitbiotics as well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.